The Board of Trustees of the Evans Mills Public Library seeks qualified applicants for the position of Library Director. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be trained by the outgoing director. If you are tech-savvy and customer-service focused, and you are looking for part-time work with plenty of variety and opportunities for growth, this might be the job for you!
Job Objective: Under broad policy guidance and direction from the library board, the Library Director performs professional and administrative duties in planning, developing, implementing and directing public Library services for the Evans Mills Public Library. These duties include patron service, programming, collection development, community relations, budget preparation, evaluation, personnel, and facility maintenance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administer board policies, make recommendations and provide staff support and information to the board.
- Prepares budget for Library Board approval, monitors and approves expenditures as directed by the Library Board, administers gifts, state and federal money.
- Supervises personnel directly or through subordinates; hires, trains employees, assigns and monitors work, evaluates personnel; disciplines if required.
- Evaluates library services, makes recommendation for improvements; works with community leaders to develop programs and resolve issues.
- Administers maintenance of library facilities and equipment.
- Participates in meetings, classes, conference and workshops.
- Accountable for all activities, programs and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise and evaluate the work of employees.
- Must be proficient in using technology, including computer operation and word processing, social media, website updates, and the ability to learn and use the Polaris library circulation system.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service and community relations skills.
- Ability to meet required deadlines.
- Previous library experience preferred
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 31, 2023.